Pineapples are a fun tropical accent and a universal sign of welcome in the home. What better way to welcome someone to your home than a quirky clay pot pineapple air plant holder. Even better when your pineapple is wearing a snazzy pair of shades. You can make this irresistible pineapple craft in under 15 minutes!
To make an Air Plant Holder Pineapple Craft:
You will need:
- 2 small (1.75″) clay pots
- E6000 adhesive
- Yellow acrylic paint
- 1″ flat brush
- Gold acrylic paint or ClearSnap Smooch
- Small flower
- Doll sunglasses
- Air plant
- Paint both pots yellow, . Use 2–3 coats as needed to cover pot completely. Use the darker color on the last coat for the smaller ends to add dimension .
- Glue pot rims together and let dry according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use gold paint to make /\ shape on sides of yellow pots. Let dry completely.
- Glue sunglasses and flower in place as shown in photo.
- Add air plant to hole in top of pineapple air plant holder.
This sweet pineapple decoration is the perfect accent for that spot that needs a bright pop of summer color. Love tropical decor and stationery? You can find pineapple pillows and notecards, along with more tropical themed items at Carla Schauer Designs on Etsy.
Pin this Clay Pot Pineapple for later:
I’d love to see what you’ve made with clay pots! For more ideas you can make, check out this month’s Craft Lightning by clicking the graphic below.