Girl, you’re fearless! (And you sparkle!) You can never be too much of either. Make a DIY customized zipper pouch to remind you how awesome you are and to stash all your most important stuff. Using iron-on glitter vinyl gives all the sparkle without all of the mess that loose glitter makes. You can download the free “fearless” and diamond svg cut file I designed for you later in the tutorial.
Make a Customized Zipper Pouch with Glitter Vinyl
Cotton canvas is one of the most versatile surfaces to personalize. For this customized zipper pouch, I used a premade canvas wristlet. I like to use these because the wrist loop can be unclipped to use as a DIY pencil pouch or personalized cosmetic bag instead of the wristlet. It’s easy to add color and a fun design for every mood.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Supplies to make Customized Zipper Pouch:
- Cricut Cutting Machine (I have Cricut Explore Air) and cutting mat
- Cricut Design Space Account
- Cotton Canvas Wristlet
- Fabric Creations Soft Fabric Ink (African Violet)
- Cricut Iron-On Glitter Vinyl (Multi-Glitter for large, Lipstick Glitter for small)
- 1″ Paint Brush
- Iron or EasyPress Heat Press
How to Customize a Zipper Pouch with Glitter Vinyl:
- Paint a layer of purple fabric ink onto the front of the zipper pouch. I prefer to heat set the fabric ink because I’m very impatient. You can also let it dry 24 hours instead.
- Download the free fearless & diamond svg file to your computer using the link below, and upload to Cricut Design Space. Resize the art to fit your zipper pouch and follow the instructions on screen to cut the design out of Multi-color glitter vinyl. Remember to mirror the image before cutting.
- Weed the extra vinyl from around the design, leaving the design on the clear carrier sheet plastic layer. This isn’t the quickest design to weed, but it’s worth the effort.
- Lay the carrier sheet with vinyl design toward fabric, and iron or heat press the design onto the zipper pouch. After pressing, gently peel back plastic sheet. If vinyl isn’t attached, replace plastic and repeat.
- Repeat process to customize smaller zipper pouch. For this DIY, use resized diamond svg layer and Lipstick glitter iron-on vinyl.
Download Fearless & Diamond SVG Free cut file:
Now that you know how to make a Glittery DIY Zipper Pouch, you can make them as gifts, as back-to-school pouches, to tuck in purses, or to hold makeup brushes.
Sparkle on, fearless one!
Pin this glittery zipper pouch for later:
Use the links below to find more craft projects you can make with iron-on vinyl and your Cricut.