Using vinyl to embellish drinking glasses is one of my favorite ways to customize a holiday party. With some permanent vinyl and inexpensive drinkware, you can make a set of snarky DIY Halloween wine glasses perfect for your favorite “ghoul-friends”.
To Make DIY Halloween Wine Glasses:
You will need:
- Free “Drink up Witches” cut file (download below)
- Silver permanent vinyl
- Wine glasses
- Transfer tape
- Cricut Explore Air 2 (or other cutting machine)
I like to use inexpensive drinkware from a dollar-type store. It’s sturdy, and you can send a glass home with each guest without breaking the bank. For this project I used smoke-colored wine glasses to add extra Halloween flair.
- Upload cutting file and prepare it using the Cricut Design Space software.
- Cut images out of silver vinyl using the Cricut cutting machine and weed centers and excess pieces from around the design.
- Use the transfer tape to lift design and align onto clean glass. (Transfer tape will allow the entire design to be lifted in one piece, keeping the spacing intact)
- Press the edges of the design securely onto the glass and gently lift the transfer tape from one edge, making sure the design has stuck completely. Slowly peel off remaining tape.
Let cure 24 hours before washing, and hand wash to preserve vinyl design.
Download Free Halloween Cut File:
Make enough for your fireside gathering, a set for a Halloween party hostess gift, or hand out to your favorite (grown-up) neighborhood trick-or-treaters.
More Halloween Projects to Make: