An adorable printable February reading log is the perfect classroom Valentine craft. Simply color and cut the reading log and matching Valentine heart bookmark, and use them the whole month long! Download the file later in the post.
February Reading Log
Here at CSD Intergalactic HQ, we love to dive into books. Stacks and stacks of books! And to freshen up our reading each month, we also love new bookmarks. They’re a great way to inspire a mood or reflect a holiday. And for other book-related notes, the school-age kids go through lots of reading logs. So when my youngest started a new book this week, I knew I needed to make a cute Valentine-themed February book log to go along with my super-popular coloring bookmark.
Coloring projects are a quick and easy classroom craft. They’re great for a crowd, since they don’t require many supplies to create. Kids can grab crayons, markers, or colored pencils, express themselves in their favorite colors and get as fancy as they like!
No Time to Print Right Now?
No Problem! Pin this project to your favorite Valentine Pinterest board so it’s handy to print when you’re ready.
Tips for Using Your Printable Reading Log
- Use heavy card stock for printing. Younger kids can be heavy color-ers, especially using markers. Heavy paper limits the bleed-through and makes the printables sturdier to last the whole month.
- Reading logs are great for recording minutes read, books completed, and writing down any notes or questions the reader has about the book.
- High schoolers enjoy coloring too! Take a 10 minute art break to recharge and relax your older students’ brains.
As an Amazon affiliate, I could earn a small commission from purchases made through qualifying links.
Interested in a full-color reading set including the bookmark, reading log, plus a BONUS lunch box joke and extra hearts? This digital set is brand new in my Etsy store. Buy the Valentine Reading Set here.
How Do I Make This Valentine Craft?
I’m glad you asked. Follow the easy tutorial below make the printable February reading tracker class coloring craft.
- Printable book log pdf (Download in post)
- Heavy White Cardstock
- Optional: Colored cardstock for backing
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Open pdf file to your device, and print as many book logs as you need (personal use only, not for profit) onto heavy white cardstock. Change printer settings to match the weight of paper you are using. Cut pieces apart using trimmer or scissors.
- Color heart border as desired using crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
- Use Valentine book log through the whole month for recording important information.
Optional: Cut colored cardstock larger than book log by 1/2 inch in both width and length. Glue book log onto colored cardstock for extra strength, leaving 1/4 inch border on all sides.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Download the Printable Reading Log pdf
Be sure to check out all the Valentine Ideas you can make. There are tutorials for Valentine banners, svg files, and more, so you can embrace the holiday spirit. Enjoy coloring the Valentine reading set!
Share this Valentine Reading Set with Friends:
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am genuinely appreciative when you do. Save to your favorite Coloring or Valentine Pinterest board or share this idea on Facebook with friends who may love it too.