Love cacti? Need a bit of humor? Don’t like hugging? All of the above? This is the bookmark for you. Perfect for when you’re feeling “prickly” and need some alone time to craft and read. Download this “Free Hugs” Cactus Coloring Bookmark, embellish, and start reading a brand new book! Plus, check out more Printable Coloring Bookmarks for other holidays and occasions.
Printing Your Cactus Coloring Bookmark
Prints will look best using a bright white card stock or premium heavyweight matte paper. Using watercolor pencils and a waterbrush doesn’t use nearly as much water as watercolor painting, so you don’t really need watercolor paper for this technique. Of course watercolor paper is wonderfully textured and can be run through your printer, so if you like the look, go for it!
Make sure to match your print settings to the type of paper you choose for the best results. Use “high” or “best” print quality to get a clear, dark, black image.
Related Post: Favorite Supplies for Coloring and Lettering
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Small round paintbrush or waterbrush
- Download and print Cactus bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut out printed bookmarks along outer lines. I use a 12" guillotine trimmer to get nice straight cuts.
- Color your bookmark using watercolor pencils.
- Use brush and water (or waterbrush) to wet and blend the color for a watercolor look.
- Cut 2.5x6.5" strips from green card stock. Glue each bookmark to a strip of colored cardstock and staple coordinating ribbon to top. Trim ends at an angle to help prevent fraying.
Download Printable Cactus Bookmarks
Pin these Printable Funny Cactus Bookmarks to make later: