The whole family is home at the same time. You definitely need some indoor family activities. What is there to do that everyone will like?
I compiled 30 days worth of indoor things to do together, filled with crafts and creative rainy day ideas that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Yes, even the jaded teenagers.
Indoor Activities for Kids and Adults
You’re stuck in the house, and looking for things to do on a rainy day for adults and kids to do together. These ideas will stir up creativity and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
They’re perfect for an activity night, family art project, bad weather days, or anytime you find yourselves staring at each other in boredom.
Download and print the Family Activity Calendar at the bottom of the list. Do the creative prompts in order, or choose an arts and crafts project at random.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Paint rocks. Use acrylic paints and paint markers to make mini art pieces.
- Make a time capsule to be opened in a month, a year, or later.
- Binge watch “Nailed It” on Netflix and the whole family will be giggling.
- Print and Color a bookmark
- Make Paracord Zipper Pulls
- Bake and Decorate Cookies
- Hold a paper airplane contest and see whose plane flies farthest
- Make handmade cards and send old-fashioned snail mail to someone else who could use an uplifting note.
- Build a Lego masterpiece round-robin style, with each person taking a turn and adding on. See what you can create!
- Play “Fake Artist Goes to New York” a game that will have kids, teens, and adults all laughing.
- Make pom-poms from yarn, and build monsters or make a garland decoration.
- Use all the random mismatched socks to make sock puppets, then only let the puppet talk for an hour.
- Tell a family story with Story Cubes.
- Weave friendship bracelets with embroidery floss.
- Design your own perler bead pictures based on each person’s interests.
- Make paper beads from newspaper, scrapbook paper, or magazines.
- “Pass the Picture” drawing. Take turns adding something to your picture and see what you end up with.
- Play “Pictionary”
- Have a sculpture contest using wire, clay, or aluminum foil.
- Make a braided fleece dog toy for your pet or to donate to your local shelter.
- Watch season 1 of “Blown Away” glassblowing competition on Netflix.
- Complete a Diamond Dot Painting together.
- Make a rainbow-themed craft project.
- Play with your food! Make shaped pancakes for dinner.
- Try making a stop motion video with your smart phones.
- Build musical instruments with office supplies and play a song together.
- Make a Button Flower Bouquet to bring some color inside.
- Design a marble run with household objects like paper plates and cardboard tubes.
- Play fashion designer and have a crazy fashion show. Most fabulous mixmatch wins!
- Make ooblek for some art and science fun
Download the Family Creative Indoor Activity Calendar
Pin these Indoor Family Activities for Later:
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am genuinely appreciative when you do. Pin to your Rock Painting Pinterest board or share this idea to a craft group on Facebook.