Color this firecracker patriotic bookmark and add a sparkly tassel fuse to make an adorable firework craft perfect for July. You can download the free patriotic printable later in the post.
Patriotic Bookmark Printable
Word Nerds outnumber Math Geeks in our house 3-2. Those of us on Team Words read multiple books each week, and love a fun place-keeper to mark our spots for later. Sure, we could grab a grocery receipt or dog-ear a corner (gasp!) but there’s just a special feeling of having a great bookmark when cozying up with a new book.
Related Post: Printable Heart Coloring Bookmarks
Instead of making a themed-pattern patriotic bookmark, I decided on one that looks like an icon of July 4th celebrations. The firecracker! I’m not about to set off real ones of my own, so my bookmark firecracker gives some bonus holiday festivity, and lets me keep all my fingers. Win!
Can’t make your patriotic bookmark right now? No problem, I know you’re busy. Pin it on your patriotic craft board so it’s easy to find when you’re ready.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Tips for Making Patriotic Bookmarks:
- Start with a great cardstock, especially if you decide not to mat the firecracker bookmark on another color. I always choose a premium bright white 110lb cardstock because it’s sturdy and holds up nicely without showing much wear. I use this heavy white cardstock in all my printable coloring bookmarks.
- Bookmarks are a great way to use up smaller cardstock scraps. Since bookmarks are only 2×6″, they’re the perfect way to use colored paper strips from other projects.
- Using glitter ribbon or metallic embroidery floss to make your bookmark tassel will give your bookmark the extra sparkle reminiscent of July 4th fireworks. It’s an extra touch that will make you smile when you think of how clever you are.
- Download and print Patriotic bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer and/or scissors to cut out printed bookmarks along outer lines. I use a 12" guillotine trimmer to get nice straight cuts for the firecracker sides, then scissors for the curves. Color bookmarks.
- Cut 2x6" strips from colored cardstock. Glue each bookmark to a strip of colored cardstock, then trim curves to match firecracker shape. Punch hole through both layers in center near the top to mimic fuse location.
- Tie coordinating ribbon tassle through hole and trim ends at an angle to prevent fraying.
- Curl up with a great book and your finished bookmark!
Find more printable coloring bookmarks at CarlaSchauer.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Download the Patriotic Bookmark to Print and Color
More patriotic printables you’ll love:
- Printable Word Search and Coloring Page – Find the patriotic words and color the fireworks on this activity sheet you can print at home.
- Decorative Sparkler and Glowstick Holders – These printables are a festive way to hand out sparklers or glow sticks to party guests.
- Patriotic Party Medallions – Easy accordion-fold party decorations made with printable patriotic circles.
Don’t forget to pin this printable patriotic craft to make later!