A perfect partner for a holiday book exchange, these printable Christmas bookmarks to color make a great party craft. Use them for classroom parties, scout meetings, or anywhere you need a simple group craft.
Don’t forget to look at all the printable bookmarks to color for additional holidays and occasions.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Uses for DIY Holiday Bookmarks:
Besides parties, you can use printable Christmas Bookmarks for a variety of other occasions.
- Teacher gift to students
- Library Craft
- Senior Holiday Craft
- Snow Day Project
Use medium to heavy weight bright white cardstock for best results with colored pencils, gel pens, markers, or crayons. For painting, use watercolor paper and paints for a colorwash effect.
Related Post: Favorite Supplies for Coloring and Lettering
Pin these printable Christmas coloring bookmarks to make later:
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am genuinely appreciative when you do. Save to your favorite coloring and Christmas Pinterest boards or share this idea on Facebook.
Make a Festive Christmas Craft Bookmark
My favorite way to make a bookmark stand out is to add a colorful background and some shiny ribbon. These extra details make the bookmark both extra cheery and sturdy. Print or save these instructions to your favorites using the buttons in the tutorial. Download the printable at the end of the post.
- Printable Christmas Bookmark file- Download after tutorial
- Heavy white card stock
- Red and Green colored card stock
- Paper glue
- Coordinating Christmas ribbon
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Hole punch
- Download and print Christmas bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut out printed bookmarks along outer lines. I use a 12" guillotine trimmer to get nice straight cuts.
- Cut 2.5x6.5" strips from red and green paper. Glue each bookmark to a strip of colored cardstock and punch hole through both layers in center near the top.
- Tie coordinating ribbon through hole and trim ends at an angle to prevent fraying.
- Hand out as a gift or activity for recipients to color as desired. If using as a party craft, see notes below.
For use as a party craft, place each cut out bookmark (from step 2) along with a 2.5"x6.5" strip of colored cardstock and 9" piece of ribbon into a zipper bag for ease of distribution.
Allow crafters to color as desired, then complete steps 3 and 4 on their own to complete Christmas bookmark.
Download Printable Christmas Bookmarks
Pin these Printable Christmas Bookmarks to Color Later: