A perfect partner for a holiday book exchange, these printable Christmas bookmarks to color make a great party craft. Use them for classroom parties, scout meetings, or anywhere you need a simple group craft. Don’t forget to look at all the printable bookmarks to color for additional occasions.
Uses for DIY Holiday Bookmarks:
Besides parties, you can use printable Christmas Bookmarks for a variety of other occasions.
- Teacher gift to students
- Library Craft
- Senior Holiday Craft
- Snow Day Project
Use medium to heavy weight cardstock with colored pencils, gel pens, markers, or crayons. For painting, use watercolor paper and paints for a colorwash effect.
Related Post: Favorite Supplies for Coloring and Lettering
- Printable Christmas Bookmark file- Download after tutorial
- Heavy white card stock
- Red and Green colored card stock
- Paper glue
- Coordinating Christmas ribbon
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Hole punch
- Download and print Christmas bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut out printed bookmarks along outer lines. I use a 12" guillotine trimmer to get nice straight cuts.
- Cut 2.5x6.5" strips from red and green paper. Glue each bookmark to a strip of colored cardstock and punch hole through both layers in center near the top.
- Tie coordinating ribbon through hole and trim ends at an angle to prevent fraying.
- Hand out as a gift or activity for recipients to color as desired. If using as a party craft, see notes below.
For use as a party craft, place each cut out bookmark (from step 2) along with a 2.5"x6.5" strip of colored cardstock and 9" piece of ribbon into a zipper bag for ease of distribution.
Allow crafters to color as desired, then complete steps 3 and 4 on their own to complete Christmas bookmark.
Download Printable Christmas Bookmarks
Pin these Printable Christmas Bookmarks to Color Later: