These printable shamrock bookmarks will have you feeling lucky as can be, because you have a cute little St. Patrick’s Day craft to make with your favorite reader.
Dont forget to check out Printable Coloring Bookmarks for other holidays and occasions.
Every March in the US, our surroundings turn green in a celebration of all things Irish. Or Irish-American, since the modern celebration as we know it originated in the US.
The parades, leprechaun costumes, and mint green milkshakes all evolved from earlier American St. Patrick’s Day festivities. But shamrocks are a tradition straight from Ireland.
Use the shamrock St. Patrick’s Day printable bookmarks to teach the difference between traditional Irish and Irish-American celebrations, or just because you’d like a quick and easy holiday craft for your classroom or meeting.
Print onto heavy white cardstock, mat with green cardstock or construction paper, and add a ribbon if desired.
How to Make a St. Patrick’s Day Bookmark
Give your shamrock bookmark extra strength and color by crafting some extra accents. I always love adding this bit of extra fanciness to my bookmarks. In addition to being pretty, they last much longer.
Save this tutorial to your favorites using the button in the tutorial. You’ll always have it handy when you need it. Download the shamrock bookmark file at the end of the post.
- Shamrock Bookmark pdf file
- Heavy White Card Stock
- Gel Pens -light green, dark green, gold (or other coloring supplies as desired)
- Green Card Stock
- Green or Gold Ribbon
- Paper Glue
- Hole Punch
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Download and print Shamrock bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut out printed bookmark rectangles along outer lines. I use a 12" guillotine trimmer to get nice straight cuts.
- Color the shamrocks using gel pens or other coloring supplies.
- Cut 2.5x6.5" strips from green card stock. Glue each bookmark to a strip
of colored card stock.
- Punch a hole in the top of the bookmark, then tie coordinating ribbon to top. Trim ends
at an angle to help prevent fraying.
Download shamrock bookmark file at carlaschauer.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Download the Printable Shamrock Bookmarks
Share these Shamrock Bookmarks with Friends:
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am genuinely appreciative when you do. Pin to your favorite Christmas Pinterest board or share this idea to a craft group on Facebook.