One of the best parts of winter is snuggling under a blanket with a great book. Printable winter bookmarks make a cute winter coloring craft, and a place holder for when you need to refill your cocoa. Download my winter bookmark after the project instructions, and be sure to check out all the printable bookmarks to color.
Coloring your Printable Winter Bookmarks
You can use almost any coloring tools to color your winter bookmark, as long as you choose the right paper to match.
- For crayons, colored pencils, or gel pens, use a medium-weight cardstock.
- For markers or acrylic paint, use a heavy cardstock.
- For watercolor paints or pencils, use watercolor paper
Related Post: Favorite Supplies for Coloring and Lettering
- Printable Winter Bookmark file- Download after tutorial
- Heavy white card stock
- Dark blue card stock
- Paper glue
- Coordinating ribbon
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Hole punch
- Download and print winter bookmarks onto heavy white cardstock. Print as many as you need for personal use. File or finished project may not be sold.
- Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut out printed bookmarks along outer lines. I like a 12" guillotine-style trimmer for straight cuts.
- Cut 2.5"x6.5" strips from dark blue cardstock. Glue each bookmark to a blue strip, and punch hole through both layers in center near the top.
- Cut 8" piece of ribbon. Fold in half, then push folded end through hole. Thread loose ends through loop, pull until snug, and trim ends at an angle to prevent fraying.
- Hand out as a gift or activity for recipients to color as desired. If using as a party craft, see notes below.
For use as a party craft, place each cut out printed bookmark (from step 2) along with a 2.5"x6.5" strip of colored cardstock and 9" piece of ribbon into a zipper bag for ease of distribution.
Allow crafters to color as desired, then complete steps 3 and 4 on their own to complete winter bookmark.
Pin these Printable Winter Bookmarks to Color Later: