The end of the school year is approaching, and that means summer softball season is coming. I like to get a few softball craft projects made before the games start, including these fastpitch softball bag tags. They’re an easy way for players to tell their bags apart when they are all hanging on the fence together. Download the free softball svg below.
These softball bag tags are easy to make with cardstock and your cricut machine. Laminating the tag keeps them weather (and mud!) resistant. You can make softball bag tags for the entire team with only a few sheets of cardstock.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
How to make a softball bag tag:
you will need:
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- red and bright yellow cardstock
- team color cardstock
- liquid glue (such as Beacon Zip Dry) or dry adhesive (Xyron Sticker Maker)
- heat laminator
- heat lamination pouches
- (alternative: self-laminating pouches)
- small plastic zip ties
- Open softball svg file in Cricut Design Space, and resize as desired. I used 3″ diameter.
- Cut stitches from red cardstock and circles from yellow cardstock following directions in design space. Adhere together as shown to create softball. (I like the fine tip of Beacon Zip Dry adhesive. If you prefer dry adhesive, Xyron sticker maker is a good choice for these thin pieces.)
- Cut player names or numbers from cardstock that matches team color using your favorite font (I used Geared Slab). Adhere name letters to center of softball.
- Punch 1/4″ hole in softball tag.
- Laminate softball bag tags (several will fit in one lamination pouch), and trim around softballs, leaving 1/4″ around outside. Punch smaller hole in tag hole.
- Attach to softball gear bags using plastic zip ties.
*note: I’ve added a file for the laces only, which allow separate cuts for each side, for use in other projects. Enjoy!
In just a few minutes, you can have a cute softball gift ready for the whole team. Have a baseball player in the house? Cut the circle layer from white cardstock instead to make baseball gear bag tags.
Other softball craft ideas using this file:
- softball gift bags
- softball gift tags
- softball party supplies
- cupcake toppers
- bottlecap softball necklace.
Pin this softball craft for later: