Make Softball Necklaces and bracelets using washers from the hardware store! They’re easy to personalize with a number or name, and make fun softball gifts for players or moms. It’s informal softball jewelry that’s casual enough for you at the ballpark, or her to wear with one of her million tournament t-shirts.
Girls can make washer softball jewelry for moms, moms can make them for their players, or they can be added to softball goodie bags for team gift exchanges.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
How to Make Washer Softball Necklaces
Necklaces are easy to make in bulk when you cut, paint, and add cording in batches. In fact, the most time consuming part of this project is the drying time!
- 1/2" paintbrush
- flame (optional)
- Paint Washers. Using 1/2" brush, paint 2-3 coats (until opaque) of yellow paint on washers, drying between coats. When fully dry, repeat for other side.
- Add Stitching. Draw softball stitching onto yellow washer using red marker and let dry. Use black marker to write player's jersey number (optional) and let dry. Repeat stitching and number on other side.
- Apply Sealer. Spray 2 light coats of clear sealer onto one side of painted washer. Let dry, then repeat on other side.
- Cut Cording. While paint is drying, cut 18" lengths of cording, one per necklace.
- Add Charms and Cord. When fully dry, attach cording. Fold cord in half, thread closed end through washer hole and charms. Pull open ends of cord through loop made by folded cord and pull until charms and cord are snug against washer. Tie open ends together at desired necklace length, trim excess length, and use flame to melt ends (optional on synthetic cord to prevent fraying).
Always supervise younger crafters with open flame.
Ends of cording will be extremely hot.
DIY Softball Jewelry-Bracelet Option
To make a softball bracelet with your painted washers instead of a softball necklace, simply modify the string. Use the same attachment method as before, add string to opposite sides of the washer. Knot charms in place on one side. Then tie using this adjustable sliding knot method for a bracelet that will fit most wrist sizes.
Whichever softball jewelry option you choose to make, they’re a terrific craft for all ages and skill levels. What a cute way to support your favorite player!
Pin this craft for later: